Saturday, August 16, 2014

Local push notifications in iOS 8

Back to iOS-Developmenent. I'm currently working on a push notification implemenation.
iOS 8 provides new interaction possibilities to deal with push notifications.
I found this tutorial which explains how to use custom buttons in swift. Very helpful in my opinion.
This guy pointed me to the function which I need to use to catch the notification the user has clicked:

func application(application: UIApplication, handleActionWithIdentifier identifier: String?, forLocalNotification notification: UILocalNotification, completionHandler: () -> Void)

Haven't found any explanation in the official push notification guide by apple so I assume its a new function in iOS8. Its available for remote notifications as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment